Young master Neville Hobson has been thrashing the gears of my memory with a recent post of his.
He was asking folks to share their favourite brand slogans (or promises) and he came up with a few that got my memory juices bubbling again…
- L’Oreal: “Because you’re worth it”
- Ronseal: “Does exactly what it says on the tin”
- Tesco: “Every little helps”
- I liked the shaver so much, I bought the company – for Remington Shavers
To which I would add some of my favourites from my time in England (12 years with time off for good behaviour), plus some Aussie favourites:
- It’s the fish John West reject…
- Stella Artois: ‘reassuringly expensive’ (although I believe they stole that from the tagline for the Podcast Asylum)
- A Mars a day helps you work, rest and play
- Trust British Paints? Sure can!
- “We’re happy little Vegemites, as happy as can be…”
- Because the lady loves Milk Tray
- Put a tiger in your tank
- Grosbies: they’re great, mate — woof!
- Heineken: reaches the parts other beers can’t (or something like that)
- Roses grow on you (for Cadbury Roses chocolates)
- I’m wearing no knickers
- Nibble Nobbies Nuts
And you KNOW that as I’m a lover of television advertising (really! they are very often better than the programs surrounding them) I’m now going to toddle off to bed and spend the whole night having adverts play themselves to me in my dreams and I’ll wake up exhausted. Thanks, Neville! Grrrrrr…..
For your own taste of insomnia, try this website of British ads, courtesy of Pam Hobson