For Immediate Release, the premier podcast for the PR/Comms community, has been incredibly influential.
- Shel and Neville have paved the way for so many of us. My erstwhile fellow contributor Dan York had it absolutely right when he suggested we create a ‘family tree’ of podcasts that have launched as a result of FIR, either directly (aka his and mine) or indirectly (those podcasts that have launched as a result of the efforts of the ‘first followers’ of FIR); the tree would be huge (from a tiny acorn…)
- Shel and Neville have always been incredibly supportive of anyone who wished to ‘join the conversation’ they were trying to start
- Shel and Neville have been a model of ‘co-opertition’ not ‘competition’
- Shel and Neville have tested the tools, learnt the tricks, made the mistakes and most importantly passed the information on to the community they have grown around them so that we didn’t have to replicate their errors and time lost to catastrophe and technical misadventure
- Shel and Neville are not scared to listen to their community — in fact, they welcome robust conversation and ideas
- Shel and Neville are constantly testing and trying out new ways of engaging their audience — we all could only wish that more companies would do the same
- Shel and Neville continue to provide incredibly apt ‘this is what it means’ commentary to the latest business communication news.
And it is the last item, above, that is the reason I continue to listen — even, frustratingly, if it is only irregularly because of time constraints.
There is more ‘protein’ packed into one episode of their show than is often heard across the entire Marcomms podscape in any week. It may sometimes be too long to digest in one sitting (and they themselves are the first to recognise and acknowledge this), but it is STILL fundamental listening. To miss something is to lament the loss.
If you haven’t listened to them before, may I humbly suggest you subscribe to their feed or download their latest interview with Steve Rubel. You will not be disappointed, trust me. You will become a fan and join a legion of us who are similarly in awe of their commitment to helping their fellow business communicators, we who are trying to bridge the gap between faceless businesses and those human individuals the faceless businesses are seeking to serve.
Powered by Zoundry