More insights into those who are wondering WTF ‘Twitter’ is and if it really does have any value:
- UPDATE The Social Media Marketing group over on Plaxo had a fantastic discussion about Twitter — lots of very positive comments about how Twitter is positively impacting on their businesses
- Why Twitter Matters – a great BusinessWeek article
———- original article follows ————-
- Twitter is the Wonderbread of intellectual nutrition – a lament about Twitter and its seeming vapidness, but it ends with this point: “Because of Twitter, Phil knows that there were tornadoes today in Laramie and Denver. Because of real literature and yes, even blogs, he might actually know what to do about them.”
Who says there has to be a ‘one or the other’ contest?
- Twitter in Action as Breaking News Warning System: Colorado Tornado – “The Greeley Tribune offered some of the best MSM coverage of today’s Windsor, CO tornado. But I first heard the news on Twitter. … The point of this tale is to show how Twitter’s popularity has reached the point that it can be a valuable early warning system to nearly anyone — including journalists and news orgs.”
- Paul McKeon works at Deacons (a law firm), Deacons twitters and one of their tweets points us to their Social Networking Survey where, inter alia, they look at the risk companies face if they block the use of social networking tools like Twitter, Facebook, et al.