I’ve been giving the Plantronics Explorer 320 bluetooth earpiece a thorough road test the last few weeks and it gets the BetterComms thumbs up!
Lukas Picton at Text100 sent me one to review and I’ve resisted posting about it until I could really put it through its paces.
Now that all of my websites are back online (well, almost all of them) I can verify the following:
- it can handle long conversations easily (my old Nokia bluetooth mobile earpiece used to run out of juice during very long telecons, even when it was brand new)
- it notifies you when you lose phone signal, and when you pick up signal again
- it is simplicity itself to run
- the socket for the power to charge it is different from every other socket I’ve seen, thus making it easy as pie to differentiate from the zillion of mobile phone charging device cables and plugs I have on my desk
- the sculptured earpiece actually does sit nicely in the ear and doesn’t fall out, which the Nokia used to do repeatedly if I bent over
- the status flashy light thingy is a nice shade of blue, and there’s a red flashy light for when it is turning off – different colours help me, at least
So, 10/10 for style and comfort and performance.
0/10 for the chance of Lukas getting his review copy back