Norton Internet Security 2010: I give it a 7/10.
* NOT a resource hog (see the video)
* tons of great information in a great, easy to understand interface
* FINALLY Norton allows you back up/copy your ‘Identity Safe’ data from one pc to another ['Identity Safe' is the username/password stuff, credit card info, etc., that Norton stores securely -- I just wish I knew where so I could change it to my Dropbox]
* very fast when scanning
* a big box for just a cd (I know, this is an old complaint, but it never hurts to re-iterate it)
* your usb stick is the ONLY place you can store your backup ‘Identity Safe’ data – no, I cannot store it in my Dropbox. Booo!
* the ‘other’ pc must also be running NIS 2010 – not overly handy when you find yourself in a web cafe or the Qantas Lounge
* is my laptop getting old, or do I have to ‘wake up’ ‘Identity Safe’ by clicking on the Norton toolbar when going to my first password-protected site for the day?
* why no toolbar for Google Chrome? I actually quite like it as a browser…
Disclaimer: NIS 2010 review copy sent to me from Norton – thanks, Natalie!