Initial findings from Melcrum’s Social Media research, which surveyed 2,065 senior communicators from hundreds of organizations worldwide, reveals the top three difficulties communicators face when implementing social media tools into their strategies are:
- Inadequate metrics (41.4%)
- Management’s fear of losing control/SM could damage reputation (38.6%)
- Legal concerns (36.8%)
To help you build an effective business case use the following killer stats taken from their latest survey on the most effective uses of social media behind the firewall:
- Getting employees to talk, share information and collaborate (54.4%)
- Connecting to and learning from Gen Y employees (51.8%)
- Delivering live communications (46.1%)
- Monitoring what employees say about the business (40.6%)
- Narrowing the employee-executive divide (44.3%)
Further details behind this ground-breaking monster research project will be presented by Melcrum MD Robin Crumby at the Social Media for Internal Communications Conference, 29th & 30th June, in Sydney.
I’ll be there running a strategy workshop on the 29th and presenting a session on strategy on the 30th (it’s not in the published program yet – Melcrum just had someone unfortunately pull out and I’ve been asked to take their place).
Space is limited and from discussions I’ve had with the Melcrum folks my strategy workshop is terrifically popular. Best reserve your place now while you can…