I keep telling you, video is the next killer app.
Nielsen have just released a report on video, of which there are some good snippets:
- Approximately 70% of global online consumers watch online video;
- More than half of global online consumers watch online video in the workplace;
- Mobile Video is already used by 11% of global online consumers: penetration is highest in Asia-Pacific and among consumers in their late 20s;
- Tablet PCs are expanding the definition of mobile video. Globally, 11% of online consumers already own or plan to purchase a tablet PC (such as an iPad) in the next year;
- Connected consumers in Asia-Pacific are 45 percent more likely to use mobile video than the global average;
- Claimed interest for Tablet PCs is highest in MEAP markets: Middle East, Africa and Pakistan. Connected Pakistanis are twice as likely as the global population to say they own or are interested in a Tablet PC.