Optus has just released some shocking statistics concerning the state of Australian small-medium businesses and Australian consumers. In effect, Aussie businesses are way behind their customers and potential clients.
Here’s some of the key take-aways:
- 48 per cent of Australian SMBs don’t have a website for their business;
- More than a quarter of Australian SMBs see no value in an online presence;
- The cloud is still a mystery to many SMBs, with 59 per cent unaware or unsure of cloud solutions and what it offers;
- Around half of SMBs value mobility options and the majority equip staff with mobile phones to enable them to work more on the move;
- 21 per cent don’t regularly back up data, and of those that do 53 per cent back up onsite and just eight per cent offsite;
- SMBs understanding of PC security is strong, but when it comes to mobile devices the level or awareness and implementation is much lower; and
- Less than one-third (30 per cent) consider online collaboration as a necessary business tool.
More details available at Optus