Inspired by the classic design of the Japanese Bento-Bako box, Lenovo’s ThinkPad is held by many to be the gold standard of enterprise laptops, counting CEOs, presidents and kings among its fan base, and it’s celebrating its 20th anniversary.
Regular readers of this blog will recall that I am a big Dell fanboy, but I tested a Lenovo Performance ThinkPad a few years back and was blown away by it. Had I the money at the time I would have bought the review unit, I was that impressed.
There’s a whole swag of material available from Lenovo if you are interested in seeing some of their old adverts (from their IBM days); my favourite is below:
Plus, for the fanboys, there’s all this:
- “Celebrating ThinkPad – Here’s to the Next 20” by Dilip Bhatia, Vice President and General Manager, ThinkPad Business Unit
- “20th Anniversary: “My Thoughts on ThinkPad” by David Hill, Vice President, Design and User Experience, Lenovo
- Link to David Hill’s new book, “ThinkPad Design: Spirit & Essence”
- “20 Fun Facts About The ThinkPad”
- Lenovo PC’s Throughout the Years (Images)
- Historical ThinkPad Ads
- ThinkPad Video Ads
- ThinkPad Milestone Infographic
ThinkPad 20th Event Photos
ThinkPad 20th Anniversary Wallpapers
Go fill ya boots